Summer Cocktail Recipes
OUR FAVORITE SUMMER COCKTAIL RECIPES
This refreshing cocktail is perfect for those hot summer days!
- 7 ½ pounds seedless watermelon, rind removed, fruit cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) silver tequila
- 24 basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) triple sec
- 6 cups small ice cubes
- Place 24 watermelon cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour (up to 2 days).
- Puree remaining watermelon and the sugar in a blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve lined with cheesecloth. (You should have 3 cups.)
- Place tequila and basil in a PartyTime Rentals stainless steel pitcher and crush with a wooden spoon. Stir in the watermelon juice and triple sec.
- Place watermelon cubes in PartyTime Rentals margarita glasses. Using a cocktail shaker, mix ¾ cup margarita with 1 cup ice. Strain into glass. Serve garnished with basil.
- 1 ½ cups light rum
- 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 cups fresh pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large PartyTime Rentals pitcher, combine the rum, juices and grenadine. Stir until well blended.
- Fill PartyTime Rentals Hi-Ball glasses with ice; divide mixture between glasses.
- Garnish with lime and serve immediately. Makes about 8 cups
LEMON DROPS ON THE ROCKS
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (10 to 12 lemons)
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Thin lemon slices, halved, for garnish
- Combine vodka, lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to an ice-filled PartyTime Rentals stainless steel or plastic pitcher.
- Add lemon slices and serve. Makes about 6 cups.
- ½ large honeydew melon (about 3 pounds)
- ½ cup Midori or other melon liqueur
- 1 cup seltzer water, chilled
- With a large spoon, scrape out and discard honeydew seeds. Using a ¾ inch melon baller, scoop out 10 melon balls and place in a large sealable plastic container. Pour Midori over melon balls; transfer to freezer and let macerate about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place remaining honeydew in a blender and puree until smooth. Let stand until juice settles to the bottom of the blender and foam rises to the top. Skim off foam and measure out ½ cup juice.
- Remove honeydew-ball mixture from freezer; stir in juice and seltzer. Divide evenly between two cocktail glasses; serve immediately.
PINK SALTY DOG
- Coarse salt, for rim of glass
- Grapefruit slice, for garnish
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon Campari liqueur or grenadine
- 1 to 1 ½ cups ice cubes
- Place salt in a saucer. Moisten the rim of a PartyTime Rentals Signature All Purpose glass with a grapefruit slice.
- Dip rim in salt
- Combine juice and vodka with Campari or grenadine in the jar of a blender; blend.
- With the motor running, add ice until fully incorporated and slushy.
- Pour into prepared glass.
Please take a look at our glassware rentals for your next event.