Winter Cocktail Recipes
OUR FAVORITE WINTER COCKTAIL RECIPES
Courtesy of MarthaStewart.com
- 1 1/3 jiggers brandy (2 ounces)
- 1 1/3 jiggers crème de cacao (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Chocolate shavings
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add brandy, crème de cacao, whipping cream and chocolate syrup.
- Shake, strain and serve in a PartyTime Rentals martini glass
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings
TWINKLING GINGER CHAMPAGNE PUNCH
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely snipped crystallized ginger (found in the baking aisle or near the herbs & spices)
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 750 milliliter bottle champagne, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, water and ginger. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat. Stir in vodka and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain the vodka mixture to remove the candies ginger; discard the ginger
- Pour vodka mix into a large bowl. Slowly pour the champagne down the side of the bowl; stir gently with an up-and-down motion to mix.
- To serve, ladle punch mixture into PartyTime Rentals champagne glasses or punch cups. Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.
CANDY CANE COCKTAIL
- 1 Candy Cane, crushed for garnish
- 2 ounces strawberry vodka
- 4 dashes white crème de menthe
- 2 ½ ounces cranberry juice
- Place crushed candy cane bits on a small plate or saucer.
- Wet the outside rim of a chilled PartyTime Rentals martini glass with water. Holding the glass by the stem, rotate the rim to coat with the candy.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, crème de menthe, cranberry juice and ice.
- Shake until well combined and strain into the prepared martini glass; serve immediately.
EGG NOG MARTINI
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 8 cups whole milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 cups brandy
- Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl. Place bottom of bowl in an ice bath; set aside. Off heat, in a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually whisk in 4 cups milk, taking care to incorporate the cornstarch. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble sputters, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat; immediately pour through the sieve into bowl. Stir in remaining milk. Let cool completely in bowl still set in ice bath.
- Just before serving, stir in brandy, and ladle into PartyTime Rentals martini glasses. Garnish with pumpkin pie spice.
THE BLIZZARD COCKTAIL
- 1 ½ ounces Irish whiskey or rum
- ½ ounce hazelnut liqueur
- ½ ounce Irish cream liqueur
- Hot coffee
- Whipped cream
*Pairs great with our Irish Coffee mugs.
- In a PartyTime Rentals Irish coffee mug, stir together the whiskey, hazelnut liqueur and Irish cream; top with coffee. Garnish cocktail with whipped cream and serve immediately.
WINTER SOLSTICE COCKTAIL
- 1 ½ ounces orange vodka
- ½ ounce orange-flavored liqueur
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Club soda, chilled
- 1 mint leaf, for garnish
- 1 raspberry, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, orange liqueur, lemon juice and ice. Shake until well combined.
- Strain into a chilled PartyTime Rentals glass; add a splash of soda.
- Carefully fold mint leaf in half lengthwise and place the stem end into the opening of the raspberry. Float on top of the cocktail and serve immediately.
We have an extensive selection of glassware rentals to help you with your next event